I know I’ve been apologizing for my lack of time these past few posts, but let’s just be real. Even though I would love for it to be, my blog isn’t my first or even my second priority…maybe it’s my third.. but probably more like my fifth or sixth. (ok fine, I don’t have a list) I’ve started my new job and all is going well, although I have to admit it is extremely draining. But enough complaining – from now on, let us each hold up our end of the deal – you keep checking back.. and I will do my very best to post at least once a week. Deal? deal.
I want you to know I am no cake person. If you were to set three desserts in front of me, one being cake, it is most likely the last one I would choose…That is if you made me choose. I love dessert – it is by far the best course and you know how they say ‘there’s always room for dessert’? – well that’s not true, but if there isn’t room – you make room.
This is one of the few cakes I make. It’s also the only Jamie Geller recipe I use (Quick an Kosher: Recipes from the Bride Who Knew Nothing). Why, you ask? I’m just going to go right ahead and say it – one of the ingredients is mayonnaise. If you’re grossed out by the mayonnaise, I’m grossed out by you. Has my blog taught you nothing??
Take my word for it – this cake is a-mayonnaise-ing.
Make sure you make it in a bundt pan – cake needs an exciting shape. If you don’t know what a bundt is, watch this.
One Bowl (+1 small pan) A-Mayonnaise-ing Chocolate Cake
- 2 Cups flour
- 2 Cups sugar
- 1 package Osem Chocolate pudding mix
- 2/3 Cup unsweeteneed cocoa powder (I like Hershey’s)
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Cup liquid non-dairy creamer
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325° F – grease and I mean grease and bundt pan with pam.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into pan and bake at 325° for 45-50 min (usually takes longer for me), until a knife comes out clean.
- Let cool for 20 min and try to flip onto a plate. If it doesn’t come out on it’s own, loosen the sides and center with a knife and try again.
- 1 Cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 Cup thawed Rich’s whip topping
-Melt over medium-low heat in a small sauce pan. Turn of heat and allow to cool for 3-5 minutes. Drizzle over cake.
‘Till next time!